Autobiography

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Autobiography
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 5 Oct 94 16:39:00 GMT
Autobiography ??!! I was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma in
1943.....uhhh, oh..I guess you want the short version.
My wife, Jamey, and I are from Oklahoma and consequently
part Cherokee.(I never met anyone from Oklahoma that wasn't!)
We don't look Indian except for Jamey's straight black hair
which I kid her about.  However.....we have a lot of Scottish
names in our family tree: Drummond, Macalister, Matheson, McMillian.
     I spent a year at the Univ. of Birmingham, England on a
post-doc and brought back an Anglophile spirit.  I fly a British
flag on my house when I'm working on the MGA or Bentley.  We have
tea on Sunday afternoons and invite over neighbors, I have an 8 x 10
picture of the Queen hanging in the garage looking out over my cars.
I plan to install external speakers in the wheel wells of the Bentley
so I can play bagpipe music when I'm stopped in a traffic jam next
to a loud rapper!
     Jamey and I have been married for 26 years and have 2 daughters,
Lindsey and Stacy, 18 and 15.  They're beautiful.  Jamey says I must
finish the Bentley by the time they get married.  I figure I have
6-10 years.
     I have dreams of someday going to the south of England for
3 months at a time, live in a small flat, go to the pubs on
Monday night, write, and photograph cars, architecture, and people.
Cheers--

Don Mathis
AT&T - Bell Labs
Norcross, Georgia