Late-model LBCs and pity

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Late-model LBCs and pity
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 10:09:40 -0700 (MST)
I love it when I see postings that start like:

   "I'm having trouble with the injectors on my '94 Lotus Esprit S4..."

and

   "The oil pressure warning light on my '92 XJS convertible..."

You see, I believe that the cameraderie between british car owners is
based on mutual pity.  I pity your troubles because I have had/do have/
will have them myself, at which time I will want _your_ pity (and advice/
help/tools).

But it's hard to feel the requisite level of pity for someone driving
a late model British Supercar...  The obvious (envious) answer to these
guys is "what are you asking us for?  Unlike us, _you_ have a warranty!"
Take it in and let the nice guys with the computers and the overalls
tell you what it is.  Let us save our pity for those who need it.  Like
ourselves.

(Needless to say?) tongue firmly in cheek,
- Dan
djp@alpha.sunquest.com