Tim Lamb/Powder Coating

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Tim Lamb/Powder Coating
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 10:49:58 -0400
Tim, I've had several panels/fenders power coated on my MG TA.  The panels or
car will have to be bead blasted first and must be bondo free.   If you can
accomplish this, the PC on my stuff came out very nicely and almost orange
peal free.  PC can be color sanded  and buffed out just like any other paint.

A dubious side advantage of PC is that when you have a wreck, the PC just
crumples with the metal and does not flake off.  It is very much more
resistant to rock chips than the paint I had on before but my chipping was
mostly due to improper prime painting.  Got to used expoy primer.
Cheers
Terry