Tranny Max RPM?

To: <British-Cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny Max RPM?
From: "POCHE@music.loyno.edu" <POCHE@MUSIC.LOYNO.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 94 17:00:28 CDT
SendMail TO(BritCars) Subj(Tranny Max RPM?) File(OCT17941.oma)
BlackTiger Mailer - Msg Created 10-17-1994 .. 14:58:13

Sorry for the non LBC content but this group should be able
to help me out on this one.

A freind of mine is modifying his car and putting in a
new power plant. The new motor will turn at a much higher
PRM than that of the original. (7500 - 800RPM)

The question is,
Can a manual transmission take the higher RPM?

I know rotary engine Mazda's run at fairly high RPMs
and I have seen those engines in LBCs. Anywone out there
had any problems with "over=reving" the transmission?

THanks in advance...

Louis A. Poche' - POCHE@music.loyno.edu