Re: Weber DGV and Color Tune

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV and Color Tune
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 22:16:55 -0400
>> creichle@mednet.med.miami.edu  writes:

>>     Does anyone have any experience tuning a Weber DGV? I have it
>>     installed on a 1980 MGB. What's the verdict on Color Tune? Does it
>>     work well? What's a good price for it? And last are there any tips to
>>     using the Color Tune that anyone can give me?

Can I make a pitch for using SUs?  (Yes, I know that you have
already bought the Weber, but others may benefit.)  .  I have been
 running SU HS4s on my 1980 MGB.  I got a pair of used manifolds
(intake and exhaust) from a pre-1974 B and a new head pipe.  I
followed the tuning procedure in the Haynes MGB manual and have
not touched them in almost a year.  I have no problem starting in
most any weather, and the performance, especially low rpm torque,
improved considerably.  All in all, a completely trouble free solution.

Peter Schauss
pschauss@aol.com