TR6 and parts car for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 and parts car for sale
From: jey@frame.com (Jeff Young)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 94 11:52:26 PDT
'71 TR6 with some front-end damage for sale in San Jose.  I've got a
two-year old estimate on fixing the damage (all to the body-work) for
around $2000.  It could also use an engine rebuild at some point.  The
interior is fairly nice, with many replaced parts (including a new
top).  It's light yellow; it does run; I've got no clue how many miles
are on it.  It was my daily driver for about a year (and that was when
I had no top on it!)

It also comes with a '74 parts car.  The parts car is from Michigan,
so the body and frame are worthless.  The '71 already has the '74s
tranny and rear half-shafts in it.

I've also got a few new parts that I never got around to putting on
the car.  Some interior trim, new diff mounts, etc.

I kept thinking (for 2 years, now) that I was going to fix it up, but
the race car (Ginetta) has been taking all my time and now I'm looking
at another race car.  I'd still keep it, but I'm building a new garage
where the parts car sits...

My guess is it's worth 5 - 6K repaired.  Take off the 2K for the body
work and 1,500 for an engine rebuild, and you'll arrive at my $2,000
asking price.

There's one catch: the contractors are due to start the garage in a
couple of weeks.  If it isn't sold by then, I'll give the parts car
away, and then I won't have any reason to sell the '71 along with it
(so it will sit in my driveway for another 3 years!).

-- Jeff.

PS: if you want a quick reply, email me directly or call (408)
975-6275.  I'm on the digest form, and sometimes I don't get around to
reading it for several days.