Re: Big Healey

To: CraigR3454@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Healey
From: robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com (Robb Pryor)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 94 14:01:05 -0700
In article <9410231956331253642@aol.com>, you write:
|> Fellow SOLers
|>
|> I have come across an add for a 1957 Big Healey BN7. The guy only wants
|> $400
|> for the car, but it doesn't have the engine, tranny, or rear axle. He
|> said it
|> also has some rust in the floor. My question is this, would it be worth
|> it to
|> buy it and do a total restoration on the car. I really don't know that
|> much
|> about the Big Healeys and so any advice would be helpful.

Been there.  Done that.  One of these days I'll post that story, when I
feel I can put up the ribbing it'll generate.  Craig don't do it.  As a
parts
car, it is probably worth it.  I paid $500 for my last parts car, similar
condition, ~ 8 years ago.

PS:  Minor nit, there is no such thing as a '57 BN7.  A '57 Healey is most
likely a BN4, and if you believe the old car price books, one of the least
undesireable Big Healeys.  BN7's weren't made until mid-late '59.
Different
engines, tranny and rear ends.  One of the first Big Healeys I bought had
false body/chassis number and registration.  It was registered as a '58
BN6 and it turned out to be a '56 or '57 BN4.  Be carefull.

PPS:  If you do buy it, I have a spare '57 engine, trans and rear end that
I've been trying to sell for 6+ years.
_____
_____________               _____________ Robb Pryor, Silicon Graphics,
  \__________               __________/   Mountain View, CA 94039