RE: Triumph TR 7

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumph TR 7
From: TR7Driver@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 1994 07:20:28 -0500
By all means keep it!  Mine (also an '80, inca yellow, 73K) is a great car.
 It was not so hot when I bought it, though!

Purchased 4 years ago, for $2,000, it had minor rust just forward of the
front tires, a few little dents here and there, and needed (but not
desperately) a coat of paint.  That was the good news.

The not so good news was that the exhaust and brakes were shot, the gearbox
was unable to shift into 1st, the alternator wouldn't charge a flashlight
battery, the headlamp lifters were a mess, the fuel gauge didn't work, the
water pump leaked, maximum speed was just 35 MPH, and the list goes on and
on.

Over a 6 month period I was able to fix all of the problems with it.  But it
was nearly a career. <G>  Then I drove it for a year before sending it out
for professionally applied paint and coachwork.  For Christmas I "gave" it an
incredible CD stereo system.  Not counting the stereo or my time, I have
spent about $5,000 on the car.  That is purchase + parts + paint/body.  I
consider it a bargain.  Of all the junk I've owned in my life (ranging from
computers to houses) this car has given me the most pleasure.

I truly think you'll live to regret getting rid of it.  But if you must,
E-Mail me and I'll be over to pick it up.  It will be coming to a home where
it will be loved.

Jim Finn