Cars from a land down under (& how to get them)

To: British-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Cars from a land down under (& how to get them)
From: FKPA-CR@emh7.korea.army.mil
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 94 22:07:07 KST (2207Z)
Just received a couple magazines from the lands down under -- very interesting.
New Zealand Classic Car had many great things in it, but of interest to me is a
1974 Triumph Estate 2.5 P.I. with overdrive for the low, low price of $2,250.
  Now, the $100 question, New Zealand, is would Uncle Sam let me bring it in.
Does anyone have the info on this "one life, one car" import rule.  Does this
apply only to pre-1966 cars?
  The other mag was Unique Cars from Australia.  It is a one-inch think slick
four colour rag.  Seems custom plates are the rage there.  A plate that said
"We Care" was listed for $25,000.  Oh, but many, many nice BCs.

  I'd be happen to recycle these mags to anyone interested.   Just let me know.
  Steve "dreaming of a New Zealand Christmas" Oertwig