California Smog...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: California Smog...
From: Chris D Harvey <chris@s1.gov>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 20:20:32 PST
Hello fellow SOLers,

        I was wondering if anybody knows the answer of a question
that has been bothering me for some time.  I am currently in the
market for a LBC (Mini).  I have been looking for a pre '66
car so that I wouldn't need to get a California Smog Certificate
every other year.  I talked to a guy this weekend that told me
that '66 and'67 (the last year for Mini inports) multi-carb
cars were exempt from California Smog tests.  Can anyone tell
me POSITIVELY if this is true or not?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Christopher Harvey
chris@s1.gov