FLAMES et al

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: FLAMES et al
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 94 09:39:00 -0500
Paul Rodenhuis was lamenting that no one poured forth words
of sympathy for the flames that engulfed his zephyr. I am in
Chip Old's camp. What's a zephyr? I was aware of a hydrogeon
filled flying ballon from the WWII era. Guess I can understand
why those would/could burst into flame. Also, I knew there was
a stainless steel train on the Burlington and Quicy railroad
that was called the Zephyr. (That train is now a museum piece
at a cranberry bog in Mass.USA). So, Paul, there are those
among us who are, shall we say, zephyr-challenged. You do
have my sympathy on your loss.

To contribute to the war of the marques, there were, to the
best of my knowledge, only 87 D type jags built. Chances that
I will ever own one are slim and none. So, I choose to drive
examples form all marques: TR4A, MGBGT, MGZB, midget, bugeye,
and Mercedes.

Adam Doherty, becausethe TR6 was six cylinder, how about three
webers?You ask the price for strombergs. Hutchirj was offering
a pair of HIF4's for $200. Much better card than the Z-S.

Mark Pacey, you might want to figure out how to pull back this
year's BCD survey. You'll find Peerless, Lotus, MGZB, T-series
and others listed. But, why do you ask?

Alan