Re: Checkbook restorations

To: fisher@avistar.com, british-cars@autox.team.net, fisher@avistar.com
Subject: Re: Checkbook restorations
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 94 09:39:25 -0800
Scott,

I see you finally figured out why I do not feel bad about farming out some of my
work.  Not having a family and working only one job, I have a lot more time than
you, but still not enough to do all the work myself.  So I farm out things that
are not time-money effective for me to do, or that I can not do well.  So I
guess the once and future TR3 is a combination wrench and checkbook restoration.

I am glad to hear that you will be getting your green beast back into shape.  I
thought it very sad that you were unable to enjoy it when it means so much to
you, but I understand your priorities.

If you find youself doing little parts of the job yourself though I found a
place that you might want to know about.

Santa Cruz Metal Polishing

2535 7th Ave (Soquel exit from #1)
Santa Cruz
95062

477-0527

This guy does metal polishing and bead blasting for extreamly cheap.  Something
that would take me most of a day with my little rig, he can do for under $20.
His bead blasting goes many times faster than my sand blasting.  I can not
afford not to have him do this for me if I want to have a life & make headway.

He works noonish to 8Pm Tu->Fri & noonish to 6ish Sat.  I know its a ways to go
for you, but you could combine trips with pleasure.  The Home brewing Club is
next door.  There is a fresh pasta Italian restrant in Northern Watsonville
(same corner as Watsonville Orchard supply) that you NEED to review.

I'm very glad that you decided to get your tourer touring again

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards