Re: Hydraulic lift price ?

To: (British Cars)british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hydraulic lift price ?
From: "Roger Garnett" <Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 13:29:53 +0000
> I have the oportunity to bid on a used Hydrolic lift, ( the kind that is
> shaped like an H and self contained. )  My question is what is a fair
> price for something like this?

Depends on the market- I paid $150 ea. for 2 such beasts (4 ton), but had to
also pay to remove & install them. (Friends with backhoes and dumptrucks are
great). Cost me less than $500 installed for mine, including gravel & pipes.

This was at auction. I recently saw on in the paper for $5-800 or so. About
the only thing that goes bad might be ***Severe*** rust through the cylinder
casing, or a bad rubber donut seal. (Mine seal is original).

New? check with the local "Service station supplier", who sells, installs,
and maintains them for their pricing. (They may even have used ones)

One advantage of some of the electric frame & 2 post hydraulic designs-
centre access- it's easier to get at tranny's and exhaust systems. I prefer
the in-ground to a frame which takes up half your shop tho!

"What's up? Any thing you want..."
   ________
  /___  _  \    Roger Garnett            (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \   Agricultural Economics  | "The South Lansing Centre
| |___||  _  |  3 Warren Hall           |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
| | \  |   | |  Cornell University      | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /   Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801 | (607) 533-7735
  \________/    (607) 255-2522          | Safety Fast!