Re: TR6

To: "Kevin A. Strait" <strai001@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 09:56:35 PST
>>>"Kevin A. Strait" said:
 > Berry Kercheval wrote:
 > >I'm disassembling the seat rails on Sybil, the 1972 TR6 (stuff deleted)
 >
 > Yes, I have taken these apart on my TR6 (70). As I do not have the piece in
 > front of me at this time I am relying on memory.  Anyway here goes,
 > [excellent explanation deleted]

Thanks.  Now that I know they can come apart I'll do it.  Yesterday I cleaned
them up and lubed them with WD-40 and they started sliding fine so I
reinstalled the seat.  (but without the sodden moldy carpet.  Ecchhh)  I'll do
the dissassemble/derust/paint routine when I rebuild the seats next month.

I went and got new 1/4-28 bolts to mount the seat and a matching tap to chase
the rusty holes in the floor.  The fellow at the hardware store who helped me
find the right tap asked what the bolt was off of.  I told him it was from a
Triumph.  "Triumph is metric!" he said.  "What?"  "Yeah, all them furrin cars
is metric..."

Sigh.  I managed to avoid buying a metric tap after all...

   --berry

 Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com