RH FR DIFF MOUNT/TR4A

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RH FR DIFF MOUNT/TR4A
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 95 08:30:00 -0500
Tim Murray,

Not to flame Dana Henry, but, I know the right front
diff mounting pin on the TR4A can be repaired without
removing the body. I have to assume it will be pretty
much the same as the TR6.

The pin broke loose from its mounts on my car. This was
a number of years ago. With the car securely up on jack
stands, disconnect the diff and lower it away from the
car. Straighten/replace the offending mounting bolt.
Drill an apporpriate hole in a piece of 3/16 or 1/4 inch
plate steel, slip it around the pin and up against the the
cross frame. Weld everything into place. (Be advised, remove
the wheel arch coverings and anything flamable in the interior
of the car in the area where you will be doing the welding.)
The left rear mount can also be replaced/repaired at this time
as it will probably also be found to be faulty.

As always, your milage may vary.

Alan