Re: Need MGC Firing Order

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need MGC Firing Order
From: mws1@osi.osi.COM (Matt Silveira x257)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 08:20:44 +0800
Dear Dave:

I *do* believe that you have mis-timed your cam.  I have done so on a couple of
LBCs I've owned over the years and it's not hard to do.  Or, the other thing
you might check is the distributor timing (static, relative to #1 TDC)  It is
possible (abliet difficult, but possible if you disassembled the distributor)
to have it 180 degress out of phase.  Yes, you could re-time the distributor to
work, but I suspect that you will find the big six will never run "just right."

Incidentally, I found that Ed Iskenderian's "cam wheel" (also available through
other people like Competition Cams, works wonders when installing a cam, even
at stock timing marks, to ensure "just right" installation.