MGB Shocks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Shocks
From: KMWHEELER@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:22:58 -0600 (CST)
Many people I know who push B's hard still have the old hydraulic
shocks.  They last a long time.  I've never had any problems with
mine.  The fronts are rebuilt (the originals had 100k+ on them).
The rears are from another car that had far fewer miles on it than
mine, and was in great shape until a Bronco hit it head on.

I drove my B on two adventures in the national forest this summer,
and the shocks maintained there ability after 100+ miles of quick
dirt road use.  I can't imagine that autocrossing would be any tougher
on shocks than the Ouachita National Forest.

-Keith