Re: Various TR6 Stuff

To: lang@isis.mit.edu (bob lang)
Subject: Re: Various TR6 Stuff
From: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 95 21:29:18 EST
Bob Lang wrote:

> Removed all of the head fasteners last night... surprise, the head is "stuck".

Don't forget Dr. Bobwrench's never-fail hemp rope head removal trick.
My Spit 1500 head was glued on and came right off with the rope.  I used
hemp in cylinders 1 and 4 (and since the rocker assembly was off, the valves
were closed so neither I nor the engine inhaled...).

Anyone done this on a TR6 and know where it's safest to stuff the rope?

> Seeing that it was about 12F temp. outside, and I have no heat in the garage

Sheesh...don't oil leaks burn?  ;-)
Give a yell if you get in deeper and need an engine hoist.

timd@hitu.enet.dec.com  (Tim Dziechowski - '79 Midget)