Re: my most obscure car...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my most obscure car...
From: John McDonagh <MCDONAGJ@tui.lincoln.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 12:31:42 +1300
Morris Oxfords are not very obscure here... I bet if I went down to
the carpark I would find 3 or 4 - they are popular with students -
cheap, cheap to run, reliable, big enough for car pooling. At the end
of each year there are usually a few abandoned in the car park and
the University sooner or later pushes them into their private
landfill. I took the diff out of one of these a few years ago for my
race car.

I also have one of the badge engineered versions myself (a
Wolseley). I don't need it, but it's not worth anything, and as it
still runs fine and is street legal I can't bring myself to drive it
to the dump or crusher - so it remains parked in my wifes
grandmothers garage.

By the way, someone on the list was looking for a tail light for
another one of the versions - the Austin Cambridge. I was in a
wrecker the other day getting a part for Andrew Templar's Wolseley
(located in Canada) and spotted a collection of these tail lights in
good condition. If they still want one let me know.

John McDonagh
Lincoln University
Christchurch
New Zealand