2267cc Sunbeam Engine Wanted

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 2267cc Sunbeam Engine Wanted
From: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 12:12:59 PST
Dear British car addicts,

        After months of indecision, I finally removed the engine from my
"new" '53 Alpine MK I to do a major rebuild only to discover that somewhere
in its lifetime, the original 2267cc engine was replaced with an engine from
a Sunbeam-Talbot "90", pre 1949 1900 whatever cc (under 2 litre). :-( I won't
tell you what else I found wrong apart from a cam chain tensioner installed
180 deg. to where it should be (as not to function!), gudgeon pin circlip out
of place and running against the cylinder wall, and two broken rings!!

        Needless to say I'm now in the market for a 2267cc engine from a
Sunbeam-Talbot 90 MK IIA or III (possibly a late MK II with a 7.4 high
compression head (7.4 high comp.?)). Can anyone put me on the track of one
preferably in the East that is running or at least not seized that would be
suitable for rebuilding?

Regards,
Bob (down but not out!) Hamilton.

Name: Bob Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada (902-861-3277)
E-mail: Bob Hamilton <rhamilto@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Date: 01/18/95 | 1953 Sunbeam Alpine MK I
Time: 12:13:00 | 1954 Sunbeam Talbot MK IIA, D.H. Coupe