Re: Bizarre weather & Kermit...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bizarre weather & Kermit...
From: harrold@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU (Dick Harrold)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 15:52:59 -0500
On Mon, 16 Jan 1995 15:57:35 -0500 (EST) "W. Ray Gibbons" said:

Saturday and Sunday were exceedingly warm, with Sunday the warmest January
day ever recorded in Burlington--66 F.  The only disadvantage to this less
than avid skiier is that the garage floor spontaneously became wet, I
suppose because the warm moist air condensed on the still cold concrete.
That or the roof leaks. ...........

----- clip here -----

Ray

I too have such a floor.  About twice a season the temps get together and
create a really wet floor.  The moisture also drips from the cars and
brings the dreaded rust animal with it.  I have three things I do to
improve the situation.  I have provided good ventilation (large slots over
the doors), use corrugated boxes (old furniture crates) under each car and
turn on a large fan to move the air around.  The boxes seem to help prevent
the warm, moist air from contacting the cold concrete to form water
droplets.  Moving the air around seems to help dry things out more quickly.
 I suspect modern concrete floor construction methods would prevent this
from happening.  In my case, I'm sure they simply poured the concrete on
the ground.

Dick

Dick Harrold
HARROLD@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
Integrated Technologies
Indiana University at Indianapolis (IUPUI)