Re: Lucas coils

To: luckett@ibm.net, AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Lucas coils
From: bownes@lucas.emi.com (R.M. Bownes III)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 17:18:15 +0500
->I'm working from (dim) memory here,
->

        Lucas memory perhaps? :-}

->Is it possible, though, that the original poster (which I've long since
->deleted) might actually have been referring not to a ballast resistor but
->to a capacitor? I don't offhand recall seeing these on TR4 coils, but I
->have seen them on MGA coils. I think they were used for radio noise
->supression. I don't think that any TR4s were equipped with 6v coils and
->ballast resistors; that came about, at least in the U.S., in the early 1970s.
->

        Well, it it helps any, my TR-6 (76) does not have a resistor,
while the 72 GT-6 does, and the 64 Spit did not, though it does now.