MGA work

To: akgua!att!british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA work
From: tdm@akguc.att.com
Date: 23 Jan 95 16:19:00 -0500
I have applied a gerease gun to the zert on my steering box.
Recently someone told me that I should use 80wt gear oil so
'I bought some of this stuff, filled up a schringe (sp)
and removed the zert and squirted the oil in the resulting hole.
I had to get my wife to rotate the steering wheel from one
side to the other and I finally managed to inject maybe a 1/2
cup of oil.  I don't notice a great difference in ease of steering
so either it didn't need it or I did it wrong.  Anybody else try
this?  Seems like I remember someone saying that they removed the
clamp on the bellows and injected intside of the rubber bellows.
Would this work better?

I need to remove the front lever shocks and replace them.  Any
special trick to this .  I just talked to Atlanta
Importanteded car
parts and he said that I would need to compress the spring.  I
need to go and look at this more carefully.  Anybody got a slick
method of doing this job?  I appreciate all suggestions.  Cheers --

Don Mathis
AT&T Bell Labs
Norcross, Georgia