Re: BMW is the new James Bond car

To: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: BMW is the new James Bond car
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 20:39:26 PST
>>>Agustin de la Calle said:
 > James, oh James...
 > How can a not so interesting James B. ever give up his last stylish
 > attitude and start driving a tasteless Bavarian car? Gross.

Oh, I say, rather, what?

I first realized that Commander Bond was not the same man he used to be when
I read one of John Gardner's "Authorized" (feh!) novels and discovered that
this Gardner creature had Bond driving a Saab Turbo!

Now Saab Turbos were very nice cars, but the Bond *I* know would never
*own* one!

  --berry

(Bond made me want to be a secret agent; Quiller cured me of it.)

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com