More James Bond Car News (Well, Sort Of...)

To: british-cars@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: More James Bond Car News (Well, Sort Of...)
From: Brian Willoughby <BAWILL01@UKCC.UKY.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 08:19:28 EST
After writing my list of James Bond cars and posting it to the list yesterday,
I stopped by the strip mall to check on a new release at the record store on
my way home.  On a whim, I walked a few doors down and went into Toys`R'Us.
I have a bad habit of buying any new die-cast models of English cars there and
to my surprise Matchbox has released a new version of the Aston Martin DB7
that it introduced earlier last year.  The new version is part of the "World
Class" series which has nicer detailing and wheels.  The Aston comes in a
metallic brown as opposed to the regular version's BRG and has painted-on
taillamps, chrome and blacked-out grille.  Though the most curious thing is
the registration plate on the model's tail:  it is yellow with the numbers
"007" on it.  Is this some sort of movie tie-in?
See you,
Brian
bawill01@ukcc.uky.edu