Re: newbie tackling spridget restoration

To: thollida@regents.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: newbie tackling spridget restoration
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:57:20 EST
In a message dated 00-11-09 10:25:24 EST, thollida@regents.edu writes:

<< can be done by
 the newbie?  Would I be better off looking at a five speed conversion? >>

My opinion, is that you can do it unless the stuff in there is severely
distressed from the water.....cost wise, you might be better off with the
conversion, I did it and its not hard to do and it just transforms the
performance of the car.  I've got two ribcage gearboxes that I'd like to get
rid of...one in unknown shape and one that was in my car before I did the
conversion....it was in pretty good shape having been rebuilt by a pro....I'm
in Oakland, CA so not very close to you.....
Terry