RE: Moss or Victoria British?

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Moss or Victoria British?
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@interfold.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:59:13 -0700
I have been a TRF consumer for about 17 years now.  I've found that they
have consistently the best quality product at very fair prices.  In the past
few years they have had a problem with keeping the right parts on the shelf,
but since they don't charge until you get the part, it had not been a
problem.  When I first restored my TR-3, I started on a wide mouth, then
found a small mouth in much better shape.  I had already purchased the wrong
interior, bumpers, and many other parts.  I was at a national meet in Texas
and talked to TRF about returning the parts.  It was well after a year since
I had purchased them, but they were in the original boxes.  As I still had a
lot to purchase for my TR, I only asked for credit return, which they agreed
to without hesitation.  They are a class act in my mind.  I don't know of
any other company who does as well a job of helping us "keep em running"
with original or highly professional reproductions.  They found a company in
the UK to overhaul my early TR starter and they expertly overhauled my
engine head after a local machinest gave up trying to fit new valve seats.
Like any company, they are not without problems, but I have found them to
always have quality parts, correct for the marque.  I can't say the same for
Moss or VB, although I have had occasion to use them also.
Pete
'56 TR3
'66 BGB
'66 Spit