RE: honesty

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: honesty
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:43:48 -0800
   Fred,

   A short while ago, I won a auction for a item on e-bay a few weeks ago
for the most expensive item I have ever bid on.  It was $430 and I sent the
seller my address and asking how he wanted to be paid, etc.  His reply was
something like "Hi, shipping was $26 and ......"   I was shocked, he had
sent it that afternoon before any communication on how to get him the
money, etc.

  My experience with E-bay is that sellers usually wait until they have
money before they ship, this one was the exception.

   I have only purchased 6 items on e-bay but they all waited until my
money was there which by the way is the way I would do it myself.  I don't
believe he is out of line here doing it this way.  And then changing your
mind afterwards is a second reason for him to stick to his guns.  It has
nothing to do with not trusting you or questioning your honesty, it is
strictly good common sense because not everyone out there is as honest as
the people on this list.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/