Magneto woes

To: jblair@exis.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Magneto woes
From: Johno8@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:02:08 EDT
Help!

I have two magnetos which produce sparks from all four leads on each when
turned by hand on the bench.  When installed in the car with the starter
motor buzzing the engine around enthusiastically, there is, however, no
spark.  I've tried advanced, in the middle and retarded (like me?), and with
and without the kill wire.  I beleiev it's correctly timed, but even if it
wasn't, it should produce a spark - just not at the right time.  There is a
brand new battery in place.

Any ideas?

John Layzell
Miami, Florida
1925 Alvis SC 12/50 (with original FWB) - oldest Alvis in North America
johno8@aol.com
305-891-2059
786-853-0711 Mobile