Re: MGA Sun Visor

To: "Don Mathis" <don1@mailstart.com>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Sun Visor
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:47:15 -0600
At 09:32 AM 11/13/02 -0800, Don Mathis wrote:
>Did MGAs ever have a sun viser (2 visers?)  ....

I don't think so.  I don't know about the Coupe, never taken a good look
inside with that in mind.  But even if the Coupe did have visors, I doubt
that they would work directly in the Roadster.

>Where can you buy something like that?  Actually if I just had the metal
>fittings, I could make all of the rest.

Well, maybe start with this:
http://www.mossmotors.com/cgi-bin/db2www/mossmotors/MossUSA/shop/ViewProducts.mac/report?T=60263&PlateID=3123&ModelID=30000

The "Sun Visor" that is commonly supplied as an accessory part for the MGA
is actually not very functional as such.  It has a smoked plastic panel
that is so nearly transparent in direct sunlight as to be practically
useless, except it might make a decent wind deflector for a tall person.  I
tossed mine out yeaars ago.  But if you were to install some really dark or
opaque black plastic panel, or cover it with some opaque material, it could
be made into a real working part.  If you do that, please take some notes
and send along a picture.  It would make a good addition to my tech pages.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg