Standard Motor Company Centenary Run - UK. Fri 23 May, 2003

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Standard Motor Company Centenary Run - UK. Fri 23 May, 2003
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:25:46 +0100
On Friday May 23, 2003 - a 100 mile Road Run is taking place in the UK to
commemorate the Centenary of The Standard Motor Company. I am the sole
organiser and administrator.
Starting at 11.15 and finishing around 17.30, it uses The Charlecote Pheasant
Hotel, east of Stratford upon Avon as its base at either end of the event. It
uses public roads still are in use today and features many of the 'Test Hills'
used by the company in the 1920's and 1930's - so it's VERY AUTHENTIC and goes
through some delightful scenery of south Warwickshire and the north
Cotswolds.
The cost is GBP20 per car to include morning coffee before the start.
Recommended timings are as follows:

10.00-10.15 Arrive for registration
10.30-11.00 A short briefing will occur during this period
11.00-11.15 Prepare for a prompt start at 11.15

Lunch is your choice of picnic or pub. Entrants will be sent pub details.

The event should finish between 17.00 and 17.45 and there is the option of a
Carvery Supper between 18.00 and 19.00 @ GBP12 per adult. Pay the hotel direct
for this. If you'd like to take part, email me off-list or phone me 01608
662970 and I can send you an entry form