TR8 Mater Cylinder

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR8 Mater Cylinder
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:48:56 -0700
This is more of a curiosity question than something I've just gotta know.
 My son
needs a replacement master cylinder for his '80 TR8.  Since he's not on
any car
lists I volunteered to investigate sources and prices for him.  I logged
on to the
Rimmer Brothers web site to get a general idea of pricing and got to
wondering
about the p/n listed in their catalog for this part, GMC217.  Does this
mean this
is a General Motors part?  I know about the Buick Aluminum V8-Rover V8
connection, but I didn't think there was anything beyond this as far as
the TR8
was concerned.

Just for the heck of it I also checked The Roadster Factory web site and
did a
search on this part number.  It came back with a price, which looked
about right,
but the part description was gobbledegook to me, so I'm not sure if it
was
referencing a master cylinder or some unrelated part.

So maybe TR8s are loaded with GM parts readily available at Pep Boys??

Roland