Re: Windshield needed

To: Classic-Car-World Ltd <enquiries@classic-car-world.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Windshield needed
From: Bob Hamilton <hamilton@accesswave.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:01:26 -0400
== british-cars at autox.team.net supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
==    http://fatchancegarage.com

Hi David & Gene,

Unfortunately, the 1953 Alpine windscreen is totally different from the S-T 90.

I didn't see Gene's email address but perhaps he should consider
joining my Sunbeam Talbot Alpine mailing list by going to
where we have over 100 subscribers with these cars who have gobs of
information on these cars. He should also consider joining the
Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Register in the UK where the Bamforth's keep a
good supply of spares for these cars. All this information can be
obtained by visiting www.sunbeamtalbot.info.

Regards,
Bob

At 09:52 AM 11/18/2005, Classic-Car-World Ltd wrote:

>Hello Gene,
>I noticed your question to the automotive groups regarding a
>windshield for your1953 Sunbeam Alpine, [ I would think that this
>would be the same windscreen as a Sunbeam Talbot 90, just ask this
>question when you make contact]
>We have these people listed in our trader section under windscreens
>and glass, I understand that they ship to the US every month also.
>The Company is called ............UROGLASS............check their
>details on.............. www.Classic-Car-World.co.uk
>If you have problems making contact, simply come back to me.
>Kind Regards.
>David
>
>David Ward [ Director ]
>Classic-Car-World Ltd.
>01522  885870
>01623 871908
>www.classic-car-world.co.uk
>
>Can anyone recommend a source for old windshields.  I recently purchased a
>1953 Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Roadster basketcase needing complete
>restoration.  The windshield is complete and in its original chrome
>framework, but the windshield is badly cracked.
>
>I tried Lo-Can in Massachusetts and  Pro-Curve Glass in Pennsylvania
>without any luck.  Any suggestions on sources either here in the US or in
>the UK appreciated.  Thanks,
>
>Gene
>
>1949 Singer Roadster
>1953 Sunbeam Talbot Alpine Roadster project

Robert (Bob) A.C. Hamilton, Waverley, Nova Scotia, Canada
Sunbeam Talbots - Alpine, Drophead and Saloon, 1953-1954
Sunbeam Talbot Web Page: www.sunbeamtalbot.info (or .org)
E-Mail: hamilton@accesswave.ca or robertach@ca.inter.net