[British-cars] Knockoff Repair

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: [British-cars] Knockoff Repair
From: "roland" <csx2282@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 20:40:46 -0700
I have a knockoff that is in need of some special work.  The center hub area
is bashed in a bit and needs to be pushed back out.  My understanding is
that Brit car winged knockoffs of this period (early-to-mid '60s) were made
of pot metal casting and doing this kind of repair is a bit tricky, so I'm
wondering if there are any outfits out there capable and willing to do this
kind of work.  I already have a set of repro knockoffs, so that's not an
issue.  I would just like to get the originals restored.  The chrome work
can be done separately, if necessary.

TIA,

Roland