Re: Rhoads Lifters

To: Rover_V8_List <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rhoads Lifters
From: Bill Wessale <wessale@iwl.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 1998 15:52:36 -0500
Robbie Anderson wrote:

> Can someone please extoll the virtues and operation of Rhodes lifters
> and there use/application or point me to a URL or such. Thanx.
>
> Robbie Anderson

  Here is what David Hardcastle says in his book "Tuning Rover V8
Engines" (I got my copy through Amazon.com):  "The other choice of
lifter is the Rhoads lifter, which is not only hi-rev, but also 'bleeds
down' below 3500 rpm, thus reducing the valve lift and overlap,
improving flexibility and fuel consumption at lower rpm when using
hotter camshafts.  Over 3500 rpm, these Rhoads lifters act exactly the
same as normal hi-rev lifter.  ... this type of lifter is noisy in
operation."