Re: What's a T-5 worth?

To: Kris & Bill Wessale <wessale@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: What's a T-5 worth?
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:12:03 -0500
Kris & Bill-

I am curious about the application- 4.2 L V-6. This will probably have
different gearing than the V-8 version, not in your best interest with the
power to weight ratio you should expect. Also, why are you concerned about
the number of splines? As far as I know, both the V-8 & V-6 version are 26
splines on the input shaft. As long as you have the correct clutch, what
does it matter? I use the S-10 clutch with the V-8 version of the T-5 in my
GT. This is because I wanted a smaller clutch with less pedal effort.

I cannot find a specific reference to the 4.2L trans, but the V-6 usually
has 1st- 4.03, 2nd 2.37, 3rd 1.50  while the V-8 version is 2.95, 1.94,
1.34. Depending upon the rear end ratio, you will have little use for 1st
gear.

I have seen several V-6 trannies sell in the $450-550.00 range, with the V-8
version considerably higher, $700.00 used, $800.00 + rebuilt.

Hope this is some help to you. This info East Coast biased, DC area.

Jim Stuart