Re: 215 oil pump gasket needed

To: "Kevin & Deana Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 215 oil pump gasket needed
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 00:47:35 +1000
Kevin Brown wrote:

> Does anyone no where I can get an oil pump gasket for a Buick 215
> without buying a whole gasket set?  Thanks.

If it is a simple flat gasket, make your own.  It doesn't matter if it is a
complex shape, they are still easy to make.  Punch a couple of the bolt
holes with a proper punch then fit the blank to the pump using a couple of
bolts.

Using a small ball pein hammer, tap around the inside edge of the gasket
where it touches the pump.  This will cut the gasket material to the right
shape.  The outside is less important.

Gasket material is readily available at autp parts stores.

Ron Beckett