Re: Choice of Automatic Trans

To: "Roger" <Roger@davis7.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Choice of Automatic Trans
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:52:46 +1100
Roger,

I have a '86 Range Rover bored and stroked to 4.6 litres.  It has the ZF
HP22 4-speed auto.  This is a smooth and strong box.  Gear changes are
usually very smooth although they can get a bit more noticeable if I've got
the foot down.

If you picked up a ZF HP22 from a BMW and coupled it to a Range Rover bell
housing, would it bolt up to the 215 Buick?

Ron Beckett
Emu Plains, Australia
1986 Range Rover HiLine Auto 4.6 Litre