Sell the Lotus

To: Vintage Race <vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sell the Lotus
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 11:12:37 -0600
Well, having thought long and hard, I think I'm going to part with the
old nail...

1962 Lotus Super 7 1500 Cosworth SB1520
1500 pushrod motor, dual Weber, A-6 cam, twin-cam rods & crank, steel
caps, wet sump (baffled), oil cooler, lightened flywheel, balanced, easy
7500 rpm, 11.2 compression
Aluminum bellhousing, aluminum trans. tailshaft housing
Semi-close gearbox
3.90 Detroit locker in braced TR-10 axle with custom half-shafts
GT-6 (bigger than stock) brakes front and rear.
Pat Prince rear trailing arms, a-frame, DSK front a-arms, adj. camber
Spax adj. perch, rod end shocks with Dave Bean race springs f & r.
Needle bearing steering column universal, h.d. rack blocks
Aero-tech fuel cell, on-board fire system, kill switch, rear-mounted
battery
Twin Brooklands screens
Smith chrono tach, rebuilt
Lucas PL700 headlamps
Roll bar with foreward brace (removable)
Comes with original windscreen, top with good windows & bows(no side
curtains), spare rear fenders, orig. gas tank, spare unpainted bonnet
with 1600 crossflow carb cutout for dual Weber set-up.
One set American Racing magnesium 8 spoke wheels with mounted Dunlops
for vintage.
One set Panasports with Yoko street tires
Entire spare street motor, stock Cortina GT with rare Lotus single Weber
sidedraft manifold and carb, jetted correctly, runs on pump gas.
Spare Detroit locker with 4.55 gears
Spare original TR-10 rear axle housing only
Truck bed load of other spare bits
And I'll throw in a single axle trailer so you can take it home with
you.
$18,500.

Phone 816-444-6589
Car is in Kansas City, Missouri