Re: Incurable

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net, rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Incurable
From: Michael and Betty Braun <elan66@ccia.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:17:03 -0700
rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM wrote:

:By 1968, when I got my first Elan (S1), I had had many sports cars and
> thought I was headed to Ferrari, eventually.  However, nothing had
> prepared me for the excitement of driving the Elan.  Even now, after
> having experienced some really thrilling cars, and having no Lotus
> chauvinism clouding the issue, there is nothing in the world that is
> more satisfying for me to rip around in than an Elan.
>
> Rod

Because of the typically lousy Northeast weather, my Elan spends 5-6
months parked. That first nice day of spring when I get it out EVERY
year, it never ceases to thrill me with its' superb directness of
steering, traction, handling, and acceleration.  It is just so right in
all these aspects. I have told my wife many times over the last 15 years
that when it doesn't excite me to drive it anymore, I'll get rid of it.
Oh, it p****s me off once in a while, but I cannot think of anything
else I,d rather have ( unless Tony sells me his 26R!)

                                                Mike