Re: rally elan

To: Brian Walton <info@dotco.co.nz>
Subject: Re: rally elan
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 18:13:58 -0700
Brian, sorry for my tardy reply.  Hope you don't mind me Cc'ing this
to the chapman-era mailing list.

You wrote:
>just a thought.  I have, what appears to be the only "works"
>experimental rally Elan in existance.  It has many 26R features and has
>been varified by the factory.  It is a type 36 built in Aug 66 by Lotus
>Components and was BRG with four cibie oscars across the front.

Well, I've actually never seen such a car, although I've certainly heard
tales of rally prepared Elans.  An actual *works* rally car, verified by
the Lotus Factory?  Wow.  That is interesting.

What 26R features does it have?  Does it have the mag rear hub carriers,
and such?  Does it have a light body shell?  Does it have 26R hubs and
wheels?

Regards,
Erik Berg