Re: RPM limit

To: pshirley <pshirley@micron.net>
Subject: Re: RPM limit
From: Dennis Currington <dc311@mail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 22:00:17 -0800
pshirley wrote:
Is it the fan that makes me think that I'm rev-ing up my 2L so high,

> when its only at 4500rpm?  I can't imagine taking it up to 6500RPM!  The
> stock cam seems to have a linear power band.  At what RPM does the B
> cam(Is this the same as the Solex cam?) kick in?  Which cam is better
> for autocross?
>
> thx Paul

I have run a both an A cam and a B cam with SUs and an A cam and B cam with
Solexes. This is on my 2L daily driver/auto-x '66.

The B cam comes on around 4200 and for me,  goes to 7500.  I have always
been able to run my motor to 7500 without any problems, even the the A cam
and the SUs.  Now it just takes a lot less time to get there.

I auto-x'd today on a long course (1:30+) that had a bunch of turns that
required braking and then accelerating (2nd gear).  Today I wish I would
have had the A cam with the Solexes.  I ran it for 6 months before switching
to the B cam and liked the lower torque band.  For me, it was a great street
combination.

BTW, take that fan off and put on an electric one and all that noise will
disappear.  I've been running  one for over 5 yrs on mine.

Dennis Currington
San Diego
'66 2000 (CSP)

 http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/3245/default.html