RE: Disk brakes and solid rear axle HP rating?

To: "'Sexmnypwr@aol.com'" <Sexmnypwr@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Disk brakes and solid rear axle HP rating?
From: "Miller, Don" <MillerD2@idhw.state.id.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:13:03 -0700
I too am building a little more power into my car, a VG30ET (222 HP). I was
told by a friend of mine who raced "souped up" roadsters in the mid 70s that
he was always right at the 200 hp range and the rear end held up quite well.
I remember reading that the 160/180/200 housings were supposed to be good
for 400 hp if the gears would hold it. That I feel might be a little
extreme. The other point is how the power is coming down. If it is a gradual
power on like out of a corner then it should hold alot. But if you are drag
racing where you have sudden power on, that's when parts get broken.
Remember, this is just MHO.

Don Miller
68 1600
Meridian, ID