RE: gas flow questions

To: chubbard@shl.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: gas flow questions
From: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:06:56 PST
Recently had the same problem. Seems that every 6-12 months my 1500
would not run because of the the lack of gas. Usually happens when I
have let the car sit for a few weeks. Seems like a vapor lock type of
problem. Usually, I just detach the glass fuel bowl, and then re connect
and gas starts pumping again. This happened to the car about two weeks
ago.

I finally got tired of 'guessing' as to what the problem is and have
dropped my roadster at my  mechanics to go through the whole gas line
system (Clean Tank, new fuel pump, filter(s), new hoses, clean carbs).

Hopefully, this will fix the fuel problems.

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1965 SPL310
1966 SPL311