FJ 20 motor for sale

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: FJ 20 motor for sale
From: BMAN240Z@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:57:39 EST
Hello all,
       I am looking to sell the FJ 20 that currently resides in my '67.5.  I
am rebuilding another one for turbo applications to put in.   So in order to
augment the costs, I'm selling the other one.  The motor is complete, only
minus the clutch.  This is a Centerforce dual friction that I'll be keeping.
It's equipped with 45 m.m. Weber D.C.O.E. carbs mounted on a custom made
intake manifold.  It has a self supported electronic ignition, new cap and
rotor and 8mm wires.  The motor does run, and has been very reliable.  A
complete custom 2.5" exhaust with a Supertrapp muffler is available with it.
A tranny can also be had if desired.  Motor mounts are not included, but I can
supply the buyer with the name of who made mine.  There are some items that
will need to be adressed though.  The motor could use a new timing chain as it
rattles a bit on a cold start up.  The custom manifold will also need to be
re-welded on one of the runners.  I've had the welding appraised at roughly
$50.  I will throw in a used, but complete, spare timing set  along with a few
other spare parts such as a timing cover (with built in oil pump) and choice
of turbo or N.A. valve cover. I'm asking for $700 for the motor.  An extra
$150 will get the exhaust system, or the tranny.  If someone wants all, I'll
let it go for $900.  I am a bit flexible on the prices, but not much.  While
it would be nice to have the extra cash and room in my garage, I'm not looking
to just unload it all.  I'm in San Diego, and resonable delivery could be
possible.  Thanks.
                                                         Brian