Re: more magic potions

To: shifty@well.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more magic potions
From: MHarper486@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:48:06 EST
In a message dated 99-03-03 18:06:09 EST, shifty@well.com writes:

<< What should I use to clean up pitted and rusty chrome? I know the best is
 to have it rechromed, but is there any way to make it a little more
 presentable in the meantime? I'm thinking mainly of the chrome gauge
 surrounds on my 1500, but the windshield frame could do with some work,
 too. Would buffing do any good?

 Thanks,

 Leigh Brooks
 San Francisco

Leigh, Some list members may cringe, and it may be counterproductive in the
long run, but if you plan to rechrome the pieces eventually anyway, try some
0000 steel wool to clean up minor rust and pitting on those chrome surrounds.
Take them off first.  If they are not badly pitted, this can make them look
new again, but may do some irrepairable damage as far as i know.  I've done it
and been pleased, but I do plan to rechrome someday.

Mike Harper
'66 1600
charleston SC