more paint tips

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: more paint tips
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 10:58:50 -0800
For beginners like me,
        Use the foam pads!  They only last 4-5 cars, but they're SO much more
forgiving!  Wool pads last forever, but the first time you snag the hood
scoop, it's back into the booth with you.  They take a little more
pressure to get a good cut (start gentle, then get more aggressive), but
if they overheat, they just gum up instead of tearing the paint.  I've
also had really good luck with 3M polishing compounds on the Concept
(DCC).
        Tape is a good idea, especially if you color- sand to reduce the paint
texture.  It's so easy to cut thru an edge on the tailfins, or slide the
edge of the paper into the top ridge of the door.
I always end up sandin' an' polishin'
Toby