N-17 needles in my 1600 SU carb

To: pshirley@micron.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: N-17 needles in my 1600 SU carb
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:00:09 EST

--part0_921128412_boundary

From: Keith0alan@aol.com
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.netpshirleymicron.net
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:46:59 EST

Hello all,
    Those who already know the answer to this can quit laughing now. The N-
series needles that were used in the 2000 use a nozzle with a larger hole in
the end. So if you put the N- needle in the M-series nozzle it fits like a
cork in a bottle. So, of course, the M- series needle in the N-series nozzle
would be way way rich. Does anyone know if the two different nozzles can be
swapped so that the M- needles can be used in the 2000 and the other way
around? I suspect that the N-17 (stock 2000) is most likely a smog needle like
the M-70. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

                          keith "ya learn sumthin new ever day" williams

--part0_921128412_boundary--