Stop Lights

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stop Lights
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:47:10 -0600
One of our TDROC members has mounted a center light on his hardtop by
"glassing" it into the top above the window and running a wire to the brake
through the trunk.  It's easier to see him when you're behind him.  He also
wired a J.C.Whitney-style third brake light to his roll bar that uses the
same plug (I guess) for topless days.  It hangs down from the roll bar
about 1-2 inches, and looks like it's a part of the roll bar.

One way to see if you like the extra safety without permanent alterations
is to visit your local K Mart and buy a boat light kit and a roll of duct
tape.  Tape the lights to your roll bar in any configuration you wish, and
change it around if it doesn't look quite right.  Use the trailer wire the
kit supplies to wire to your taillights, and if you aren't completely
satisfied with the lights, rip off the tape and put the lights elsewhere.

As Red Green likes to say, "If the women don't find you handsome, they
should at least find you handy."