Re: Roadster mystery solved???

To: jfw@commercemarket.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roadster mystery solved???
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 10:10:31 EST
In a message dated 3/20/99 5:20:28 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jfw@commercemarket.com writes:

<< Well folks, I found a folder with the original title, assorted paperwork,
 and the long lost id plate we've been searching for all day.

 Looks like it's not quite what we'd all hoped for.  Perhaps some of you can
 shed further light on its value.

 The plate says:

 Model for Year         1967
 Engine Capacity        1595 cc (guy who gave it says it's a 2000)
 Max HP at RPM          96/hp/6000/ RPM (sae)
 Wheel base             2280 mm (it has custom hubs)
 Engine No              R-3.33 0 6
 Car No                 SPL311 09845
 Vin                    SPL31114038

 I am dying to know what it's worth!

 Jason

 ----------------------- Headers -------------------------------- >>

Jason,

Obviously was a 1600, but which engine is in it now? The 1600 engine says
"DATSUN" on the valve cover and the 2000 is OHC with Nissan on the cam cover.
I'm sure someone will give you more info on the chassis number BUT this
doesn't mean the car you have IS the car the paperwork goes to!  You'll still
need to clear off the rubber goo to find the chassis no. By the way, let us
know what you find that cuts through that stuff.

BTW, the car is probably worth WHAT you paid for it.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque